Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolution



 

Although my New Year's resolution may not have been related to my work with ospreys, my concentration on working to restore the state's population to historic numbers still remains the same. In 2010, I am sure we will see an increase in the state's population. Since 2003, the productivity rate (or reproductive rate) has been high (twice the average known to only sustain the population) and there are plenty of new suitable nesting structures around the Atlantic coastal areas of the state. Over the next three months, despite the freezing weather I will be constructing nest platforms, repairing old ones, and installing several new structures.



My friends Greg and Joe help load and transport platforms 
onto the marsh in March '09.


Happy New Year and stay tuned for updates on our winter work to provide more suitable nesting structures for ospreys in 2010!!!

No comments: