**PLEASE SEE POST ON NOV. 24th**
- Do you support wildlife conservation?
- Enjoy being outdoors?
- Do you have any experience handling birds?
- Do you have a small boat?
- Do you live in along the Atlantic coastal region of NJ?
- Are you available to volunteer several days during weekdays/ends during late June/early July?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we could use your help!
The Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ and the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife's Endangered and Nongame Species Program seek to find a dedicated and responsible individual to survey osprey nesting platforms and band their young. We currently have several different areas along the Atlantic coast that need a volunteer to survey. Those areas are:
- Sedge Islands WMA (inside Island Beach State Park)
- N. Barnegat Bay (Forked River, Ocean Gate, Cattus Island Park, Lavallette)
- Barnegat and Manahwkin Bays (LBI area) - position filled
- Absecon WMA and Atlantic City - position filled
- Great Egg Harbor (Ventnor, Margate, Somers Point, Ocean City) - position filled
- Tuckahoe, Middle River, and Great Egg Harbor River - position filled
- Avalon - position filled
The volunteer(s) will be trained by NJ Fish and Wildlife and CWF biologists to properly survey, handle, and band osprey young. He/she will be responsible for submitting survey results at end of season. We would also like for you to become involved with the maintenance, construction, and placement of osprey platforms.
**Note - Interested individuals should be comfortable being outdoors for long periods of time in direct sunlight. You will be working in muddy, buggy conditions. Only a few volunteers will be selected for the next season, so I am not guaranteeing that all will be chosen. If you have a resume, please include it in the email. Good luck!
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org