Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's been a while!

It seems like every time I write a post here I say "damn it's been a while!" As you may know I post news, photos and other osprey facts on my NJOP Facebook page. This past weekend was an osprey filled one, not so much with birds (their migration is winding down now) but a lot about them. On Saturday I gave a talk to the Friends of Island Beach State Park who host an osprey cam at the road nest in Island Beach State Park. Then on Sunday I helped to install three platforms with an Eagle Scout candidate in Ocean City, New Jersey. Two platforms were put in new locations to help build the local population and one platform was used to replace an old 4-post platform.

An old  "4-post" platform, constructed with 2x4s...hasn't produced young in a long time...predators. © Ben Wurst

Glad we took it down and it didn't blow down in severe weather this summer! © Ben Wurst

Eagle Scout candidate Andy G. helps raise up one of three platforms he built for his Eagle Scout Project. 
© Ben Wurst

I love letting future generations learn about life and how things work. It's always fun to watch the ropes come off! © Ben Wurst

Final product. This was a new location for a platform on Cape May WMA. © Ben Wurst

No comments: