Thursday, February 17, 2011

Check this off my list of stuff to do...

I've been wanting to move this platform for years!!

I finally got around to moving a platform at the Wetlands Institute yesterday. I had help from staff at the Institute. I believe the platform was never occupied because of its close proximity to human disturbance. It was near areas that get high use by people who visit the site in the spring and summer months. At its new location, its closer to water and farther away from humans, a perfect fit for a pair of ospreys!

I was assisted by Wetlands Institute staff, Dan McLaughlin, Phil Broder, and Kaitlin Gannon (from L to R) to help move this platform that has never been occupied. It was moved to the SE, in more suitable habitat at the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor, NJ. © Ben Wurst

No comments: